Learn about the impact of performance anxiety and mindset on the performer and explore how to help your students develop and improve.
Theoretical sessions and practical exercises with leading professionals will give you a better understanding of and answer your questions regarding this complex subject matter.
IN THESE VIDEOS
Session 1: Step Up Your Warms Ups: Beyond The Physical
Session 2: What We Focus On Expands
Session 3: Wired for Success: Why habit formation is key to vocal progress
Session 4: Developing a Growth Mindset: The Student and The Teacher PLUS ‘Calm Mind’, a guided meditation audio to help you calm down when anxious
Session 5: Optimal Performance, Fight, Flight Freeze
THE FIVE SESSIONS COVER
- What is performance anxiety and why do we get it?
- The signs and symptoms that might indicate someone has performance anxiety
- How the teacher can help the student strategise to avoid the effects of PA
- What other resources, therapies and treatments we could recommend to our students.
- Tackling performance anxiety and staying in the optimal performance zone
- Developing a Growth Mindset in you and your students
Petra Borzynski Somatic and cognitive behavioural coach and accredited therapist.
Line Hilton MSc PAM, B. Mus Ed (Jazz) C. Hyp, MHFA.
Kaya Herstad Carney MA Performing Arts (Education), BA (Hons) Performing Arts Music, International Bachelorate eqv. (Generell studiekompetanse) with Sport Science, Instruction and Nutrition.
Gemma Sugrue MA, Bmus, LRSL.
For questions or issues please email BAST Training