BAST Mentor Programme
As a BAST member you have access to some amazing mentors to help you to continue building your knowledge, pedagogy, business and expertise. As with anything good it takes time, planning and repetition to make changes and grow. The BAST Mentor Programme is here to help you do this.
- mentor of your choice
- 6x 1 hour sessions pa
- Fee TBC
Mentors are available for the following purposes:
4. Goal setting
5. Network building
Suggested uses of a mentor session:
- To gain expert and experienced advice, guidance, support and networking to help you in your teaching career, practices or business
- To trouble shoot teaching issues. Here you might get the mentor to teach whilst you observe, or play a recording of your student’s issues for advice
- To help you gain expertise/specialist knowledge
- To get feedback on your teaching. Here you would teach a student for feedback and advice, or send a recording of you teaching for feedback
- To help you set goals for your teaching, career or business.
- Using the mentor as a sounding board
Please note that mentors cannot make your teaching or business successful. They can not tell you how to run your business financially or strategically, nor are they counsellors or advocates. Their role is to offer guidance and support, help you clarify your weaknesses and strengths, refer you to suitable resources and other experts, share their knowledge and advise around their area of expertise and experience.
If you wish to book a mentor programme package please email us with your preferred mentor name, your location, what you would like to achieve from working with a mentor.
List of BAST Approved mentors